Friday, May 3, 2013

Episode Fifteen Through a Silvery Portal

Episode Fifteen  Through a Silvery Portal

    "Sam, what the hell are we doing?  They'll kill us."
    “Who are they, Jaks?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Yes, you do.  You know them.  They knew you by name.  Now tell me.  Who are they?”
    “What did they want you to do?”
    “Break a code.  Decode a message.  And then encode their answer.”
    “And you did it?”
    “Yes”
    “What did it say?”
    “Who are they, Jaks?”
    “Very bad people, Sam.  Thugs.  Murderers.  International terrorists.”
    “How do you know them?”
    “I’m an international mediator.  I have to sit down with this kind of scum all the time and try to resolve issues that they would rather not have resolved.  But, Sam, Honey, I have to tell you something.  Something I should have told you as soon as we got home.  I wanted to tell you before, but I didn’t know how you’d react.  Remember that I love you more than anything in the world, this world, and all worlds.  Please don’t be angry with me, or think that I don’t truly love you with my whole heart and soul, because I do.  Samantha, I’m not who you think I am.  I’m your Jaks, and I always will be your Jaks, but, Honey, I…”  
    A shiny doorway of silvery, opaque semi-liquid opened up on the brick wall as they walked by.  Hands reached out of the silvery doorway and grabbed hold of Samantha, pulling her inside.
    “Jaks!” she screamed.
    “No!  Sam!”  Jakson held on to her hand as long as he could.   “Sam, hold on to me!  Don’t let go!  Samantha!  No!”  But she was pulled inside, away from him.  He reached into the shimmering semi-liquid for a moment, groping around for her, but she wasn’t there.  Then the shiny doorway disappeared and the brick wall was once again solid.  Jakson ran in the nearest door he could find, surprised to find himself in a pediatrician’s office.
    “Can I help you?” asked the receptionist.
    “Did a woman just run in here? Long straight auburn hair, big blue eyes?”
    “No.  I’m sorry.”
    Jakson walked back out onto the street and ran straight into the hoodlums he was running away from.  They grabbed him and threw him up against the now solid brick wall.
    “Where is she, Blake?  Where is Molly Kasjak?  Where is Samantha Blake?  Werner wants her back.  Now!”  They loosened their grip on one of his arms.  He motioned inside the pediatrician’s office and shook his head, smoothing down the back of his hair, fully aware they wouldn’t believe his highly implausible story.
    “We were running down the street.  Hands came out of a shiny doorway.  Many hands.  They grabbed her.  They pulled her away from me.  I held on to her as long as I could.  But… she’s gone.  Gone!  I ran into this doctor’s office here looking for her.  But she’s not there.  She’s gone.”
    “Gone?”
    “Gone,” he repeated, nodding his head.
    “Gone where?”

No comments:

Post a Comment