Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FROM THE ARCHIVES


                                          "FLORA BY THE STREAM"  by Parker Kaufman, 1999


"FLORA"  (above) was one of my first endeavors in creating Art Cards.  It came about from shopping for a card for a friend and the frustration with the selection of generic, "same-old-same-old" offerings on the market.  I wanted something that spoke my feelings, in volumes, without so much as a single printed word on it's face.  It had to be the product of my heart, mind, and hands.

Each one was roughly 6 x 9 inches in size, made solely of colored cardstock, computer generated images, and embellished with colored pencil and ink.  I continue to make these cards today, adding printed papers, textured cardstock, and layering certain aspects to give a more dimensional quality to them.

More of my art cards and works for framing can be seen on my website www.parkerkaufman.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment