Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Author Interview with Sandra Capicotti

                                                              Sandra Capicotti
Jupiter, FL


What have you written?

      Mainly fan fiction, some episode synopses for a television program, articles for a forum newsletter, and an article for a fandom’s magazine. 

What is your favorite genre to write?
   
      Science Fiction

Favorite food.

     Mexican definitely, or anything spicy, like Cajun or Thai.  I really like almost any food but when I crave a snack, it's always cheese, peanut butter, or chocolate that I reach for.

Favorite color.

     Purple.  I like all shades, but deep amethyst (like my birthstone) or royal purple are the shades I'm drawn to most.  Fuchsia also catches my eye.

Where would you like to visit?

     Santorini, Greece.  Havent been there yet, but I hear the views are spectacular.

Favorite musical artist.

     Josh Groban, Lady Gaga, Pink... there are more, but I can't think of them right now.  I also adore James Horner's musical scores.  They've encompassed every type of atmosphere from the Titanic to the Starship Enterprise.

How old were you when you started writing? 

     I was probably in my 30s when I made my first serious attempt, but I began writing for my high school newspaper. ☺

Where do you get your inspiration?

     From brilliant characters who have as much heart as they do courage and tenacity. Their selflessness and intelligence spur me on.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
     
     Try to eliminate the cause if possible so I can get back to focusing on the story.

Who is your favorite author? 
     
     Michael Crichton. I love how he mixes technology with suspense and horror.

Best book you ever read.  

     1984 by George Orwell

Who is the one person who has influence your personal life the most and why? 
     
     Hard to pick one. My music teacher in high school for believing in me, my sister-in- law for giving me a life changing book and a certain actor for giving me the courage to go for it (acting) and for showing me that nothing is impossible.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

     The Doctor (Doctor Who). He’s hundreds of years old, has seen all the best and worst the universe has to offer and refuses to stop believing in the goodness of others. He’s an eternal optimist who brings out the best in people and he never, EVER, gives up. He’s also probably the smartest man in existence.  Even though I could never keep up with him, I’d love the chance to try. ☺

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

     Write what you know and what you FEEL. Don’t let anyone’s personal opinion deter you or make you feel your writing is not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment