Saturday, August 24, 2013

Interview with author Sandra Shrewsbury

Sandra Shrewsbury
New Richmond, WV


Welcome to Vision and Verse, Sandra.  We're happy to have you here this morning. What have you written?
"Outside The Addiction - A Mother's Story" is my first book.

Sandra's book is now live.  Here is the link.
http://www.amazon.com/Outside-Addiction-Mothers-Story-ebook/dp/B00ERYQ5RM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377465677&sr=1-1&keywords=Outside+The+Addiction

What is your favorite genre to write?
Non-fiction

Favorite food. 
Seafood.  I am originally from Maryland so we ate a lot of seafood.

Where would you like to visit? 
Ireland.  My family came from there and I would love to visit.

Favorite musical artist. 
I would have to say Garth Brooks.  His voice is wonderful.

What makes you laugh? 
A good joke, I love jokes.

How old were you when you started writing? 
I started writing in a journal when I was in my twenties.I wrote down my everyday feelings.

That's a terrific way to start.  Where do you get your inspiration? 
My inspiration comes from everyday life.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I leave what I am writing and go to something else and than I go back later and try again. It works for me.

Who is your favorite author?
I would have to say I have two...V.C Andrews and Steven King. Andrews puts so much emotion in her books and king his writing is just awesome. 

Best book you ever read.
I would have to say Heaven by V.C Andrews - It opened a new world for me and taught me that being wealthy isn't everything in life. family should always be more important.


Who is the one person who has influence your personal life the most and why?
I would have to say my family, they have been so supportive and has inspired me in so many ways. 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
It would be Steven King, I want to know all his secrects and I would love to know what got him started.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
 I would tell them to go for it, because if writing is your passion then you need to write no matter what anyone says. Do what you love to do.

Do you have any links to share with us?
Yes, I want to thank Genevieve Scholls and Trevor Couturier for being such a great friends, They are Indie Authors too and they have helped me through everything. Genevieve writes Romance and Trevor writes Science fiction. I have made so many author friends on facebook , its like we are all family and they are always there to help with questions or just there to boost your spirits. I love the world of Indie authors. I am glad that they have shared this journey with me.

It has been a pleasure to have you with us this morning.  Best of luck to you and good luck with your book, "Outside the Addiction - A Mother's Story."

2 comments: