Saturday, October 12, 2013

IN MEMORY OF KIEL KAGAN





It is with great sadness that I post the last art works of artist Kiel Kagan, my friend, partner, and love.  His brilliantly shining light was diminished far too soon, his contribution to the world of art, cut short.

Kiel was an amazing man and it's hard for me to express how much I miss him.  He had a lust for life that shone through in his art.  He was a vibrant personality and loved making people happy.  Art was his passion and he loved telling me of his ideas for his next project...his eyes lighting up as he included me in that passion.

He was my soul mate, my friend, and a true child at heart.  In all the years I'd known him, I'd never seen him without a bright, cheery smile adorning his handsome face.  He was an uncomplicated man with a simple, easy approach to life.  He lived everyday as a new adventure.

There will never be another like Kiel, so I celebrate his life by taking time to smell the roses, living in the moment, and making each day an adventure.  I know that he is riding the rest of my life with me in my heart.

                Kiel Kagan  03/03/77  -  09/30/13

Images above, clockwise from top right,  "Blue,Black,Yellow"  acrylic on canvas, 6' x 9', "On The Bias", acrylic on canvas, 6' x 8',  "Rough Red", acrylic on canvas, 5' x 7',  "White Stripe on Squares",  acrylic on canvas, 5' x 9'..   All works by Kiel Kagan 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment