Friday, December 20, 2013

Interview with Author Viv Drewa

Viv Drewa
Fort Gratiot, MI
Good Morning,Viv! Welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. We're happy to have you here with us this morning. Tell us a little bit about yourself, how you became known as "The Owl Lady", and what you've written.
My first published work was the story of my grandfather's escape from Poland in 1900. It was published in the “Polish American Journal”. I'm working on a second novel, "The Angler and the Owl" which takes place on the Amazon in Brazil. When not writing I read or sew. I had my own business 'The Emerald Owl' where I made wedding gowns. I also teach sewing once a week to physically and mentally disabled adults. I wrote a newsletter for the area's Multiple Sclerosis group until the funding ran out. I was the owl girl for a while because I'm crazy about owls, and have been for as long as I can remember. At some point in time I became the owl lady.
What is your favorite genre to write? Paranormal/thriller, horror. I don't like gore or erotica
I don't read gore or erotica, either. What is your favorite food? Chinese
Tea or coffee? Coffee in the morning, tea the rest of the day
Pizza or ice cream? Pizza
Where would you like to visit? England, Vienna, Venice, South America, Jamaica, to name a few.
Venice is absolutely fantastic. You will love it. Favorite musical artist. Toby Keith
Do you listen to music when you write? What? Mozart when I have a slow day writing. Otherwise, the local country station.
What makes you laugh? Funny people.
How old were you when you started writing? 9 years old.



The Owl of the Sipan Lord [Kindle Edition]

Viv Drewa 

Kindle Price:$5.99







Describe your perfect evening. That's a tough one. I guess sitting with my hubby and watching TV.

Where do you get your inspiration? I brain storm with my friend. Between us I've quite a few ideas.
What do you do when you get a writer's block? Save what I've written and, if it's nice out take a walk, if it's cold I read. I try not to talk to anyone.
Who is your favorite author? Stephen King
Best book you ever read. “The Ghost of Varner Creek” by Michael Weems.
I haven't read that one. I'll have to pick it up. Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? My dad. He never made me feel I couldn't do what made me happy.
If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? Edgar Allen Poe. His work, and Kings, turned me more toward the paranormal/thriller/horror genre.
What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Don't be afraid of two things: 1) ask questions and 2) do plenty of research for the novel you're writing.

Do you have any links for us?
Viv Drewa, Author, on FaceBook my web: vivdrewa.com
Amazon.com Viv Drewa

No comments:

Post a Comment