Saturday, January 18, 2014

Author Interview with Riiva Williams

Riiva Williams
Tortola, British Virgin Islands



Welcome to Vision and Verse this morning, Riiva. It's a pleasure to have you with us.  Tortola, BVI is a beautiful place. We had the pleasure of spending a few days there.  Beautiful place.  Lovely people.  So, tell us,what have you written?
I have written Stone Poetry, Get Real, and Cruel Intentions.

What is your favorite genre to write?
Poetry

Favorite food.
Pumpkin Pie


Tea or coffee?
Coffee

Pizza or ice cream?
Ice Cream

Where would you like to visit?
I love and I am fascinated with Greece I would love to visit.

Favorite musical artist. 
Favorite Artist is Melanie Fiona.

Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
No I don’t listen to anything else I get side tracked.

What makes you laugh?
I love funny movies and the comedian Kevin Hart.

How old were you when you started writing?
I was 12.

Describe your perfect evening.
My perfect evening would be to sit on my porch with a nice glass of wine and watch the boats pass.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Usually from everyday situations that I know about.
What do you do when you get a writer's block?
When I get writer’s block on one project I usually start a new one.

Who is your favorite author?
My favorite author of all times is Nora Roberts

What was the best book you ever read?
Best book was Montana Sky by Nora Roberts

I really like that one, too.  Nora Roberts is fantastic.  Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
The person that influenced me the most was my mom. She was a single parent for a while before she meet my step dad took great care of my sister and I always told me to shoot for my dreams.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
It would be Oprah as she has a great business head I would like to know how she does it and balance her life all at once.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Editing your work is one of the key processes. Even if you cannot afford an editor have people look it over and make changes as you go.

Do you have any links for us?
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorriiva.williams
Facebook like Page: www.facebook.com/AuthorRiivaW
Twitter: www.twitter.com/AuthorRiivaW
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Ms-Riiva-Williams/e/B00GED6DFS/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_4?qid=1388539121&sr=8-4
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/AuthorRiivaW

Authordb: http://www.authorsdb.com/authors-directory/6404-riiva-williams

1 comment:

  1. Riiva, thank you for taking the time out of your busy Launch Day for Cruel Intentions to be with us today. We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your writing endeavors.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete