Monday, March 10, 2014

MY FAVE ARTISTS

From time to time I'll be sharing some of my favorite artists and their works with you.  These are artists that I've discovered through events and exhibitions, that I've been following.  Hopefully they will pique your interest as they did mine and become some of your favorites too.

KATHERINE BERNHARDT. 

Her recent piece,  "Hamburgers and French Fries and Basket Balls", 2014,  is featured below.  I'm particularly intrigued by the bold color saturation.




IVAN NAVARRO.

Navarro is a lighting installation artist.  I'm fascinated by the dimension and depth he creates using light and shadow.  Below is one of my favorites titled "Nowhere Man", 2009.





LAURIE SIMMONS.

The use of color coupled with the subject matter is what attracted me to this artist.  The doll-like images she creates whimsical and yet creepy aspect to them, making them not only visually, but emotionally appealing. Below is Simmons' 2014 work titled "Blue hair, Red dress, Green room, Arms up".




JULIA WACHTEL.

I'm drawn to Wachtel's use of imagery.  Her compositions are tight and I love their commentary.  Below is "SANS TITRE",  (dyptique) 1989.  This is quite an extraordinary piece.




Images above from Google Search 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment