Sunday, April 20, 2014

Update for "Waiting for Richard" Available






Waiting for Richard is a novella about a feisty, older author who finds love on a book tour with a reclusive elephant veterinarian and madcap adventure ensues. 
  

I have updated my Time After Time novella, Waiting for Richard. The story has not changed. I have eliminated the unnecessary spaces and tweaked (not twerked) the formatting a bit.

Excerpt:
WAITING FOR RICHARD
A Novella in the
TIME AFTER TIME Series
By
Carol Ann Kauffman
Copyright 2013


This is a work of fiction.  All places, characters, and events depicted in this story are fictional.  Any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental and unintentional.

Each book in the Time after Time series follows a pair of quintessential lovers, Richard and Nicole, through their lives together, in different times, with different names, and sometimes even on different planets.  This follows the alternative theory that the relationships we forge in this lifetime, both the good and the bad, are continued into the future, and are rooted in the past.  How we live, whom we love, and the good and evil deeds we do today follow us into the future.  Unsettled issues will present themselves again and again until they are ultimately resolved.  Those people who have had a profound effect on us in this lifetime will find us again in the future.

Location:  Sterling, Ohio

“Run!” said Rita, fear catching in her voice.
“Are you kidding me?” replied Skye.  “I’m too damn old to run!  Want me to have a heart attack?  Fall and break a hip?  If some slimy son of a bitch wants a piece of me that bad, let him come!  He’ll be damn sorry.”
“We gotta get out of here.  I’m scared,” Rita whispered.  Skye pulled out her cell phone and tapped 9-1-1.
“Yes, we’re in the underground parking garage of the Sterling City Center and we’re being chased by a madman with a knife, and my friend here is scared and I’m too damn old to run.  Yes.  Skye McKenna.  Sixty-six.  Well, I’m glad you agree that’s too old to run.” 
“Help is on the way, Rita.  Calm down.”
“Skye, you don’t know he has a knife!”
“You’re absolutely right!  He could have a gun.  Shall I call her back and correct myself?”  Sirens were blaring in the distance.
“Isn’t this illegal?  This is at least a misdemeanor, if not a felony.  Skye!  We could end up in jail!”
“Would you rather be murdered in the underground parking garage?”
“No”
“Then, cry and sniffle, look weak and helpless, and let me handle Sterling’s Finest.  Damn!  If I knew there was a chance we were going to die on the way to the car, I would’ve had dessert.  They make this wonderful strawberry and mascarpone cream cheese torte in there that is pure heaven on a plate.” 

Link to buy:

No comments:

Post a Comment