Thursday, March 3, 2016

Interview with Author Mitch Goth



 Mitch Goth
Yellow Springs, Ohio


Good morning, Mitch, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written?
Seventeen novels and novellas.





Oh, Gentle Readers, Mitch must be shy this morning! His new book, To Catch a Killer, is the latest in a string of edge-of-your-seat suspense thriller series and singles; The Brigio Series, The Protectorate Chronicles, The Antioch Adventures, Shattered Glass, and Timid New World to name a few.



Buy link for To Catch a Killer:
http://www.amazon.com/Catch-Killer-Book-Monello-Grazer-ebook/dp/B00NEVIQDAhttp://www.amazon.com/Catch-Killer-Book-Monello-Grazer-ebook/dp/B00NEVIQDA

What is your favorite genre to write? 
Thriller/Suspense

Favorite food. 
Pasta anything

Tea or coffee?
Coffee

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza

Wine or beer? 
Beer

Where would you like to visit? 
Europe

Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?
Tech N9ne, and I used to, but now I find silence helps my creative process.


What makes you laugh? 
Most everything, even if it isn't funny.

Favorite work of art or sculpture. 
The Red Vineyard

How old were you when you started writing? 
I was five when I first wrote a piece of creative fiction, fourteen when I wrote my first novel-length manuscript.

Describe your perfect evening. 
Writing, followed by some good food, a good book, and a comfortable bed.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
The world around me, and the other writers in it.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I have yet to get writer's block. My problems mostly stem from having too many ideas and struggling to pick one to dedicate time to.

Who is your favorite author? 
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Best book you ever read. 
The Great Gatsby

Last book you read. 
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
At this point in my life, I would probably be in med school.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
I don't think I could choose just one. I am the kind of person who believes everyone I meet is impactful and important because, in some way, they have led me to where I am now.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
My future self, so maybe they could give me inspiration and pointers about where to go in my life.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Never lose track about why you started writing in the first place. There have been plenty of times where I saw low, or no, sales for a while and wondered what I was even doing. I got rejection letter after rejection letter from publishers and agents, and I thought maybe I would have better chances being a doctor or a jeweler, something normal like that. Then I remembered I was writing for years before sales and query letters even became a thing in my life. That’s not why I started, that’s not why I kept at it. I keep at it because it’s my passion. I couldn’t stop if I wanted to.


Do you have any links for us to follow you?
       Blog: http://mitchgoth.blogspot.com/
       Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mitch-Goth/e/B00C0GMK28


Thanks for being with us this morning, Mitch. We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your writing endeavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment