Friday, April 15, 2016

Vision and Verse Third Anniversary Refection







Monday, April 15, 2013


Our Mission Statement
The mission of "Vision and Verse" is to familiarize our readers with our work, to share with them the inspiration we have found in interesting artists and authors along the way, to inspire our readers to explore their own avenues of creativity, and to help them unlock their ability to see the beauty that surrounds them every day.

Dear Gentle Readers,
As I look back on these three years since Parker Kaufman and I started this little blog, I don't know how much I have inspired you or helped you unlock your ability to see the beauty that surrounds you every day. 
I know I've done over one hundred interviews of today's authors and artists and Parker and I have posted over one thousand daily offerings on art and literary fiction. 
Sometimes I've worked on Vision and Verse things and let my own writing commitments fall by the wayside. Sometimes I have felt I spend the majority of my time advertising other authors and their work and ignore my own.
The writing business has changed drastically in the last three years and trying to keep up with everything is becoming a job, and losing some of it's immense joy.
Life is short and I am old, my darlings, and I am winding down. I hope you've enjoyed this blog and have found some new and interesting... and old and interesting authors and artists to follow.
From now on, I am taking it day by day. I appreciate each and every one of you.
Hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment