Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Interview with Author Alisha Jones



Alisha Jones
Greensboro, NC


Good morning, Alisha, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written? I’ve written 13 books including two series.

What is your favorite genre to write? 
I write inspirational fiction/Christian romance

Favorite food?
Pasta of any kind


Tea or coffee? 
Sweet tea during the summer and coffee during the winter.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza

Wine or beer? 
Neither


Where would you like to visit?
Always dreamed of going to Paris, France



Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write? 
I like to listen to classical music while I write, but while I’m cleaning or just cruising down the highway, I’m addicted to show tunes from the old musicals that I grew up watching.   




What makes you laugh?
My husband and I used to sit at the cafĂ© in a local bookstore and people watch. There is nothing funnier than making up stories for people you don’t even know. This is why I became a writer.


Favorite work of art or sculpture.
To me, there’s nothing prettier than mother nature. With Christ as the painter/designer, His work is magnificent.

How old were you when you started writing?
30

Describe your perfect evening.
My husband and I taking a stroll along the beach around sunset and star gazing when the stars pop out.

Where do you get your inspiration?
From all over. People watching, actual news events, or even a sermon by our pastor can spark an idea.



Who is your favorite author?
I’m addicted to books by Mary Connealy. Cowboys and romance? Who wouldn’t be?


Best book you ever read.
Bible, without a doubt. Life changing.


Last book you read.
“Charity’s Cross” by Mary Lu Tyndall



What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
Well, I’m a stay-at-home mom of four, so I would still be that.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My husband, without a second thought. Other than being the best husband and friend ever, he is also my motivator, my faithful supporter, and my publisher/promoter.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
 Jesus Christ. I’d love to ask how he could still love people who so cruelly despised him enough to kill him. His love keeps me inspired to write more and more love stories.



What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Write all you can, and don’t give up. No matter the struggle, the end result is such a great accomplishment; something to be proud of.


Do you have some links for us to follow you?
Facebook.com/authoralishajones
Twitter.com/authoralisha1
Instagram @authoralishajones
And of course, the website authoralishajones.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment