Wednesday, May 29, 2013

INSPIRED BY MOVIES


                                                    "UNTITLED"  by Parker Kaufman


As I child I was continually fascinated with the possibility of worlds other than the one I lived in.  The thought that there could be far more advanced beings somewhere beyond space was equally appealling.

My imagination was fueled by television shows of the 60's like "The Outer Limits", "Lost In Space", and "Star Trek".  And when the "Star Wars" movies hit the big screen, I was completely taken by what I saw.

It has been a dream of mine, still is, to live aboard a starship and explore the universe.  The unknown in the universe is food for my art.

The composition above is from a recent series of 3 untitled works.  A combination of cardstock, computer images, and Prisma-color pencils makes up this piece.  It measures 12 x 12 inches.  The two companion pieces can be viewed on my website  www.parkerkaufman.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment