Wednesday, July 31, 2013

An Interview with Actor Mario Temes


Mario Temes
Hialeah, FL

Okay, Mario,what made you want to become an actor?

 I always had a love for the arts, I grew up playing different instruments as well as watching my father on Spanish TV as an actor and my sister in various dance teams and in musical theater plays. In my last years of middle school my sister recommended I’d join the schools musical teather department and see if it was something I’d enjoy doing, to my surprise it definitely was! After growing such a deep passion for the arts I decided to get more into the film/TV side of the business.


What is the hardest part of being an actor? 

Definitely getting your mind out of a role, it’s pretty intense and scary at how a role can consume your mind for such a long period of time.
What is your favorite food? Don’t exactly have a favorite food, but I do have a favorite “type” of food! I’d definitely say any Chinese or Italian food would be on my favorites list.
Where would you like to visit? As many places as possible! Why leave the world without knowing what’s beyond what you’ve only seen.


What are your performance skills?

 Besides acting, I also play drums, guitar, bass, sing and rap!


What makes you laugh? 

Naturally funny people! Don’t really find it funny when someone “tries” to be funny, if the comedic side to you is a natural thing you’ll definitely have me laughing the whole time I’m with you.


How old were you when you started acting? 

I believe I was about 13 years old when I began taking acting seriously. I did act at around the age of 7 for a Spanish TV show that never aired but I wasn’t very serious about it at the time.


You’ve done theater work, too. So you sing and dance?

 Yes I do!


Are you a tenor?

 Correct!


Oooh, I LIKE tenors!  Favorite dance? 

Salsa, growing up in a Cuban household kind of automatically means you will learn how to dance salsa, haha!


Favorite sport?

Basketball


Favorite musical artist?

Too many too name but I’m a huge fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.


I hear you’re a musician as well. Do you play an instrument?

 Drums, various percussion instruments, guitar and bass!


As an actor, you have to be able to do a good, believable foreign accent. Do you have one? 

Yes, I can do vairous accents. It’s not too hard if you study the accents and people with the accent, everything takes patience.


What is your favorite work of art or sculpture? 

I’m a huge fan of abstract art or very dark art, don’t exactly have a favorite anything that basically catches my minds attention and makes me really think about it is an A+ on my list.


Who is your favorite author?

Huge fan of the Lord Of The Rings series, that says enough hah!


Have you been in any films yet? 

My latest film was “Sub Rosa” which I played the lead role of “Alan”, I also just directed my own film “I Am Sane” and I’m currently on a TV show  “Clarissa’s World” as “Charlie”.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

Can’t choose one, basically everyone grows up how they’re raised in there household until a certain point in life where you choose the start making your own decisions.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

I’d really like to sit down with Tom Hardy because it seems as if he’s gone through the same steps I have in my earlier life.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be an actor, besides “marry well”? 

Never quit on your dreams, anything is possible you just can’t give up no matter how old you are and ALWAYS do it for the love of the craft never for the fame and money! If you do it for the fame and money or let that start consuming your mind as you get more recognition then it will definitely show in the work you do.

Do you have any links you'd like to share with us?

Vimeo (Films) – http://vimeo.com/mariotemes

Thank you, Mario.  And good luck to you, Young Man.  I know we will hearing a lot about you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment