Saturday, July 6, 2013

Author Interview with Danielle Taylor



Danielle Taylor







What have you written? 

Captive at Christmas, Intimate Strangers (1&2 of Captive Hearts series), Finding Me (Serial New Adult Novella), Letting Go (Adventures Inc. 1, coming soon)


What is your favorite genre to write? 

Romance. I love the complexity of the human mind and I love love! Combining those things with touches of danger and intrigue, while sifting through the pain of one's past and trying to help the characters overcome their fears is, well, loads of fun!


Favorite food. 

Coffee. I know it's not a food, but I couldn't live without it!


Where would you like to visit?

South Africa


Favorite musical artist.

Arno Carstens


How old were you when you started writing?

I can't remember, so probably pretty young!


Where do you get your inspiration?

It just comes to me. I'll be doing some mundane task and BOOM! I'm hit with a fab idea. I've always got a pen and paper with me, just in case.


What do you do when you get a writer's block?

 I move on to something else. I rarely work on one project at a time. If I'm stuck on one thing, chances are I won't be on another.


Who is your favorite author?

Oh boy. If I have to pick one, I'll say J. R. R. Tolkien.


Best book you ever read.

Lord of the Rings. Hands down. It's the deep and lasting friendships people don't take the time to build nowadays, it's kindness and strength, and finding hope in the most dire of situations. It's changing your point of view.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

 J.R.R. Tolkien, to be honest. Before the creation of the internet, this man created his own language and wrote a book that, even today, is still regarded as one of the best in fantasy. Ever. He would no doubt have loads to say and I'd want to hear it all!


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

Write. When you're not writing, read. Read and write, then read and write some more. Reading is important for writers, it keeps our minds open and informed. Especially for indie authors, reading gives you the proper format for grammar and spelling. And, two final tips - ALWAYS use a period before an action during speech. For example: ~"I don't understand why you left all this out." He waved his hand around the room, motioning to the mess of DVDs.~ And, when writing, it's best to write out the numbers (unless for something like an F-18 Hornet) like one forty-six for time, or the number seventeen bus, as it is a hell of a lot less jarring for a reader.


Do you have any links to share with us?


Book links:
Captive at Christmas:

Intimate Strangers (NEW):

Finding Me (NEW):




No comments:

Post a Comment