Monday, July 29, 2013

Author Interview with Sheryl Seal

Sheryl Seal
Coulterville, California
Gateway to the Beautiful Yosemite National Park

What have you written?
Beyond Bridalveil Fall (Dwellers of Ahwahnee).  Right now I’m editing Beyond Oria Falls, coming out today, July 29th.   I’m also writing a ghost story about the many ghost in my home town.

What is your favorite genre to write? 
Fantasy/paranormal

Favorite food.
I love a good bar-be-que.

Where would you like to visit? 
Greece and Ireland

Favorite musical artist.
 I have many I like, country and blues mostly, but hands down Elvis Presley.

How old were you when you started writing?
I wrote when I was younger but hadn't really picked it up again until my six children were grown. I still have two at home 13 and 18. They really liked my books and I think they were surprised their mama could be so creative.

What makes you laugh?
Mostly my husband, He is a very funny man who has kept me laughing for over 30 years.

Where do you get your inspiration?
My children and grandchildren are my inspiration. They have all been superheroes, dragons, fairies, and all things magical.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I try to power through it and when that doesn't work. I leave it alone for a few days and I ask God to help me be more creative.

Who is your favorite author? 
Diana Gabaldon.

Best book you ever read. 
Outlander series, I re-read them.

Who is the one person who has influence your personal life the most and why?
There have been many.  My mother, she has won her battle with lung cancer and is now a survivor. My grandbabies, one has had three heart surgeries and died three times and was supposed to be brain dead. She is now six and one of the smartest children I know. Not to take anything away from any of my grandbabies, who of course are all awesome.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
Elvis Presley.  He was inspirational in every way period.

What advice would you give an aspiring writer?
It's never too late to write, just set your mind to it and write a little every day until you have something you like. That’s what I did and then I had all my children read it for feedback. They are the ones who pushed me to publish.

Do you a cover to share with us?
Yes, I have two.

Do you have any links to share with us?
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Bridalveil-Dwellers-Ahwahnee- ebook/dp/B00CKR63F2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital- text&ie=UTF8&qid=1369093467&sr=1-1&keywords=beyond+bridalveil+fall
Face book author page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSherylSeal Twitter: https://twitter.com/sherylseal
Author page on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/sheryl- seal/e/B00CNBNK3S/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

No comments:

Post a Comment