Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Author Interview with Rachel Raithby




Rachel Raithby
Queensland, Australia


What have you written? 
So far I’ve written Lexia, which is book 1 in The Deadwood Hunter Series, I have many other projects on the go too!

What is your favorite genre to write? 
Fantasy/Paranormal

Favorite food. 
I love fancy food but it would have to be any kind of chocolate desert.

Where would you like to visit? 
America especially New York at Christmas.

Favorite musical artist. 
Taylor Swift 

Do you listen to music when you write? 
Sometimes  

What? 
I listened to Radio Active by Imagine Dragons a lot whilst writing the fight scenes in LEXIA.

What makes you laugh? 
I have a wicked sense of humor like my Dad and Gram, so whenever I’m with them we are always in fits of giggles.

How old were you when you started writing? 
Twenty five

Where do you get your inspiration?
Books, travelling, life.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
Have a glass or two of wine or Vodka!

Who is your favorite author?
Nalini Singh

Best book you ever read. 
So hard! I’ve read so many good books, probably Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows, the battle in the school was just amazing.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My Husband Richard, he has always had a belief that if you want something bad enough and work hard enough, anything is possible. I’m the kind of person that has a lot of self doubt and he pushes me to believe in myself.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
That’s a really hard question but if it could be anyone, it would have to be my gram, Dot. She’s still alive and well! But she lives in the UK and I live in Aus now, so I hardly ever get to see her, so if I could just magically transport myself to one person it would be her. We’d have a cup of tea and put the worlds to rights, my gram is the type of person that always smiles and finds the good in any situation no matter how bleak it seems. I miss her every day.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Just go for it! Write as much as you can, it’s the only way to grow as a writer, and believe in yourself. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

AUTHOR LINKS


LEXIA BOOK LINKS



Also available at SmashWords, Kobo, B&N


LEXIA THE DEADWOOD HUNTER 


When Lexia sneaks out one night to go to a party, she hardly expects to be attacked by vampires. Mush less be able to kill them with her bare hands.

That night triggers events Lexia can’t escape and soon she struggles to keep up a façade around her friends and family.

And then there’s Lincoln; she finds herself irresistibly drawn to him. But Lexia senses he wants something more dangerous than a simple romance.

Lincoln has secrets and what she learns changes her life forever.

A story of love, loss and betrayal, only one thing is certain, Lexia and Lincoln’s lives will never be the same again.


No comments:

Post a Comment