Friday, August 30, 2013

Interview with author Scarlett Jade

Scarlett Jade


Hello Scarlett, thank you for stopping by and chatting with us!  Tell us a little about yourself.
Scarlett Jade is just a small town girl with big dreams who loves to write. She has always been found from a young age with her brow furrowed, scribbling words on paper or her nose in a book. Now that she is grown, life isn't much different, she still scribbles words, but mostly on the computer, and her nose is permanently glued to e-books! She is married to the man of her dreams, her real life knight in shining armor and Prince Charming and has one son who is the apple of her eye. You can typically find her playing in the dirt with her son, toying with her indoor vegetable garden, or snuggled on the couch with her dog Peanut Butter and cat Jelly, reading a good book. She loves chocolate, thinks coffee should be a religion, and loves to make people laugh with her quirky sense of humor. She is bold, brazen, and even been told she's ballsy, but she doesn't mind, she takes it in stride. She has a huge passion for all things paranormal and spicy love stories that leave you turning the pages and dying to slide between the sheets of the next book!

You have three books published. Tell us a bit about each one. 
Let's see. The Just a Little Taste series was my first work, it is a story about a vampire/werewolf hybrid named Jeremy and his mate, Sasha. They meet in strange circumstances, fall apart in even worse, and come together in the end... One way or another. Beautiful Downfall was my first full length, and it is about an angel named Casey who helps a young woman named Camille get over the loss of her parents. They just end up falling for each other. My third book that is out now is September Tango, a contemporary new adult romance written with my husband, Llerxt the 13th. It is about a soldier named Calvin who comes home for the first time in five years and falls in love with the girl back home he probably should have always loved, Zoe.

You have recently written a book September Tango with your husband, what was it like to co-author with him?
It was fantastic. My husband is an amazing author and I love that he's my best friend. We click and our writing reflects that. We were able to flow seamlessly between each other, often finishing each other's work.

Talk to us about September Tango. 
September Tango... It is very loosely based on our love life. We fell in love under different circumstances, but a lot of the people, things that occurred are based on some real things in our lives, just fictionalized, of course. The biggest coincidence between Calvin and Zoe and Llerxt and I would have to be the way we fell in love. It was like a summer storm, came in quickly and suddenly love was there.

Your previous releases have been paranormal romance, is it your favorite genre? 
I honestly can't say I have a favorite genre. I write what comes to me. I have paranormal romance, contemporary new adult romance, and now I'm working in a few different genres. I like to keep people guessing.

Top five bands. 
Hmmm... I like The Band Perry, Eminem, Eric Clapton, Parachute, and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

If you could spend the day with any character from any book who would you choose, and what would you do?
I would love to spend the day with Lily from The Secret Life of Bees. That is one of my favorite books. I do believe we'd spend time working with bees, talking about the guys we love, and relating over our childhoods.

A book you would love to see as a movie? 
The Secret Life of Bees was done BEAUTIFULLY. I'm happy.

Links?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, Scarlett. It was a pleasure to have you here on Vision and Verse. Come back again.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete