Monday, November 18, 2013

Interview with Author Eva Bielby


Eva Bielby
Helmsley, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

 Good morning, Eva.  Welcome to the US.  It's 
a pleasure to have you here with us this morning.
Tell us, Eva, what have you written?
I am near completion of my debut, erotic novel, “Going up and Going down”
I have an unfinished project called “Trying to Understand”, I’ve reached 50000 words on this but I have put it on hold for now, whilst I am finishing my current one. 


What is your favorite genre to write?
I think I can safely say that erotica is now my favourite genre to write.  I have a sequel to “Going up and Going down” in the pipeline and it will be called “Comings and Goings.”


Favorite food?
My favourite food is sweet and sour chicken with rice, and preferably a few French fries with it.  My favourite dessert is tiramisu, but I like all deserts if they are unhealthy!



Where is your next travel destination?
I have done quite a bit of travelling, but I never return anywhere. I aim on seeing as much of the world as I possibly can.  High on my list of countries to visit are Chile, China, Russia, Hong King and Australia and New Zealand.


Favorite musical artist?
My favourite musical artist is Mike Oldfield and I listen mainly to his music while I write and the album I prefer is Tubular Bells III.


What makes you laugh?
Many things make me laugh, but I don’t like today’s alternative comedy much.  I think the person who makes me laugh the most is English comedian Peter Kay.  I also laugh at my 3 grandchildren and the things they come out with.



When did you start writing?
I was 7 years old when I first started writing, but it was mainly poetry


Where do you get your inspiration?
I get most of my inspiration for writing from life and my observations.


What do you do when you get the dreaded writer's block?
If I get writer’s block, I always find the best thing to do is go to bed and try to sleep.  I can almost guarantee that is when the ideas start flowing through, and then I have to get up again and write everything down.


Favorite author?
My favourite author today is Brett Battles.  I have read every one of his books and his Jonathan Quinn ‘Cleaner’ series and the ‘Project Eden’ series are some of the best books I have ever read.  He has a special talent for characterisation that I so admire.  I have fallen in love with all the characters in his novels.


Favorite book?
The best ever books I have read have to be J.K. Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ series with the Deathly Hallows being my favourite book of all time.


Who is the one person in your personal life who has influenced you the most and why?
The one person who has influenced my personal life the most is my mother.  I like to feel that my loving family upbringing has made me the person I am today, well-mannered, warm and caring!


If you could sit down and have a conversation with one person, living or dead, real or fictitious, who would it be and why?
The one person I would love to have been able to sit and have a conversation with is Diana, Princess of Wales.  She changed the British Monarchy forever, so many people looked up to her and I would have asked her what did she hope that life held in store in store for Princes William and Harry.


What advice do you have for aspiring writers?
My advice to anyone who aspired to be a writer is, if you want to write, just do it. I am loving the experience and sincerely wish I had started writing many years ago. No excuses, sit down and start writing, and keep writing, don’t let any criticism stand in your way, learn from it and carry on!


Thank you, Eva, you are delightful.  We at Vision and Verse wish you much success in all your endeavors.  Come back and see us when you're sequel to ready for release.



2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Where do you find all of these interesting authors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Giovanna,
    That''s a good question! Interviews on Vision and Verse are by invitation only. I usually pick them from the list of people who have LIKED my Author Facebook Page. This way I know a little about them, what they like to write, where they're from, and then we chat for awhile about something from the book business. And if I find them fun and interesting and I think my readers would too, I spring the question. We have had artists and actors as well as authors grace our pages. Thank you for your comment.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete