Thursday, December 5, 2013

TIS THE SEASON





Good morning Vision & Verse fans!! Parker here...It's that time of year when we start sending out greeting cards in celebration of the holidays.  I've been working on mine for the last week, feverishly trying to complete them.  I began making my own cards over 14 years ago because I found the store-bought cards lacked so much....and I found that I received 3 and 4 of the same cards from different senders.  I wanted something that was unique, that said "you are special" to the recipient.  And it was a way of giving of myself to my friends and family.

I've shared above, 3 of my very first card designs.  All are 8.5" x 5.5" compositions of free-hand drawing, computer generated images, on #60 cardstock.  These were designed in the late 1990's.
I'll share some of my more recent work in the post following.

Images above designed by and sole property of Parker Kagan-Kaufman.

3 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to have you here this morning, Parker! Miss you, buddy.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love these. They're so fun and whimsical. Are these available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Giavanna. Thanks for following us here on Vision & Verse and for your wonderful comments. The cards pictured above are from the 1990's and unfortunately are not available any longer. Some of the computer enhanced images can't be replicated. However, there is an updated version of the middle card with the musical bars.. If you'd be interested in that particular card, send your contact info to VisionVerse2013@att.net and I will be happy to send you a photo of the current version.

    Thanks so much for your interest in my work. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have regarding other works o mine.

    Cheers,
    Parker Kagan-Kaufman

    ReplyDelete