Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Interview with Author Rosanne Licata


Rosanne Licata
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA


Good morning, Rosanne.  Welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  It's a pleasure to have you here with us this morning.  I LOVE the Albuquerque-Santa Fe area.  We try to get out that way whenever possible.  So, tell us, what have you written? Blood Bonds: The Caravan, Blood Bonds: The Castle. and Blood Bonds: The Cavern.  Ten more 10th-century books are planned.  I also have a 21st-century series in the works. My nonfiction parenting book is almost ready to go to my beta readers.


What is your favorite genre to write?
Apparently, my work defies a conventional label. It would fit into all the following genres: young adult-historical-adventure-paranormal-romance.


Favorite food?
I had to think about this one.  After hours of narrowing it down, my answer is Tillamook Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese.  Doesn't mean this is what I eat most often, it's just my favorite single food.

Tea or coffee? 
Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza. Sicilian deep-dish, to be exact.

Where would you like to visit?
Ireland and Sicily, where my parents came from.




Favorite musical artist: 
Several. Gordon Lightfoot, Loreena McKennitt, Suzanne Ciani, The Beatles, and others. Then there are the classical music, and movie and TV soundtrack composers.





Do you listen to music when you write? 
Yes.
 What? 
I make a soundtrack of instumentals for each book I'm working on; one that fits the emotions my characters are trying to express.

That is an excellent idea.  What makes you laugh? 
Happy ironies.

How old were you when you started writing? 
Eight years old. I let my writing go for about forty years. I finally get to write full-time, now, though.

Describe your perfect evening. 
Good company, good wine, good food, privacy. The evening develops its own momentum from there!

Where do you get your inspiration? 
My characters tell me their stories and I write those stories down. That's as close as I've ever come to getting inspiration.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Switch to a different project. As my mother used to say, a change is as good as a rest. This works for me.


Who is your favorite author? 
Dick Francis.


Best book you ever read. 
Shogun, by James Clavell.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
Challenging question! So many more than one person have influenced me in profound ways, some of whom are historical figures. I'm not being coy or cute when I say I can't give a one-person answer.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
Provided we could speak the same language and be able to understand each other, I'd love to converse with Jesus and learn where he was really coming from.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Write. Write the kind of stuff you want to read. Write every day. Read everything you can get your hands on. Write. Oh, yes. WRITE!

Do you have any links so we can follow you?
Here are the Amazon Kindle links to the first two books.
Here are the Amazon Kindle links to the books.

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Bonds-Cavern-Book-Spirit-ebook/dp/B00I92FL7I/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391641053&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=rosanne+Liccata



Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/BloodBondsTheCastle?hc_location=timeline











1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being with us this morning, Rosanne. We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in alap your writing endeavors. Come back and see us again.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete