Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Interview with Author Julie Ramsey


Julie Ramsey
with husband Dave
I was born in San Diego, California,
but was raised in Monroe, Mi.



Good morning, Julie.  Welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  We're thrilled to have you with us today.  Tell us a little about what have you written. 
My first book came out on Feb 13th 2014   The Wild Bone: The white Alpha of Monroe.   But I have 3 More at least coming out this year. One maybe two in the White Alpha series and 2 children’s books

Wow, that's great! What is your favorite genre to write? 
By far Paranormal Romance

Favorite food.  
Thai Chicken Salad from Panera could eat it everyday

I'll try it.  I'm going there for lunch!  Tea or coffee?
Tea but I like coffee, too.

Pizza or ice cream?
Pizza

Where would you like to visit? 
San Diego to see where I was born.

Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?  
I like music, Katie Perry and that genre are my favorite but no I cannot listen to music when I write. I get too distracted.

What makes you laugh? 
If you have every read Katie Macalister’s books. That is the humor I LOVE.  I don’t like the raunchy humor. I love a good dirty joke but it has to be tasteful done. More situational humor.

How old were you when you started writing? 
I wrote when I was a kid but nothing very serious. My love of reading didn’t really start until I was an adult. I read Ender’s Game and fell in love with Sci-fi. I then found Christine Feehan’s Dark series and fell for paranormal Romance.

Describe your perfect evening. 
Great dinner, Movie, and being with my family. Maybe a little reading in there too.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
The story of the Monroe Pack can to me when I was writing a paper for school. I am currently working toward my BA and was in a creative writing class. It was too long for the paper but I went back to it and kept on going with the story I had started. It became The Wild Bone. I have now fallen in love with the characters and want to get there stories down for others to read. So far I have had some really great reviews.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I have to stop and to back to it later.

Who is your favorite author? 
I have many but some that I try to stay current on are JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Katie Macalister, Suzanne Wright, Lorraine Nelson, Eve Langlais, Carrie Ann Ryan

Best book you ever read. 
It is the best Book because I was so emotionally invested. I laughed, cried, rejoiced, cussed out and everything in between.  Archeron by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

I'll have to add that one to my list.  Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
That is a hard one. My father for getting me to read Ender’s game in the first place. My husband for pushing me. My sister and my mom who always believed in me.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
My sister. She was killed is a bad car accident this past July. I would love to sit down and be able to talk to her one last time.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
If it your dream to write keep at it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Julie, for stopping by to chat with us this morning. Come back on Friday and we'll talk more about WILD BONE. We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your writing endeavors.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete