Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Interview with "50 Paintings in 50 States in 50 Days" Artist Tim Kenney


Tim Kenney
Norman, Oklahoma


Good morning, Tim!  Welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  We are so happy to have you here with us, especially on your 50/50/50 Tour!  What made you try and paint 50 Paintings in 50 States in 50 Days and how is it going?
I thought about this last April and I have been planning it every since.  I am painting 30x40's at every location and have met some great people and hopefully created some nice art for collectors.  I have sold 16 of the paintings already and as of June 21st I have 9 more states to complete by July 2nd which is the 50th day.  20% of the proceeds of these 50 paintings will go towards the "Nicole Jarvis Parkinson's Research Foundation".  Nicole is a friend of mine who was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's two years ago at the age of 38.  A great cause.




That is wonderful.  What is your favorite medium to work with?
I only work with oils which are obviously my favorite.  I use 99% palette knife for my paintings.


Favorite Food?
Salmon


Tea or Coffee?
Tea


Pizza or Ice Cream?
Both


Where would you like to visit?                                                       
I am in the process of completing a painting in all 50 states.   
I have 9 states left and I have 11 days do finish.  I would like 
to visit Normandy Beach some day.


Favorite musical artist?

I listen to music while I paint in my studio and it is a combination of Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack, Nirvana, The Beatles and a combination of Jazz and Classical, it all depends on the mood.


What makes you laugh?
My kids and grandkids.





How old were you when you started creating art?
I was 52, six years ago.


We all like to draw, paint etc, but we are well aware we couldn't make a living doing it.  When did you know this is what you wanted to do wit your life?
Six years ago when I started painting I had a vision I could do this for a living.





When did you know you made the right decision?
When my wife and my children thought I could do it.    


Where do you get your inspiration?
The landscapes I see are always an inspiration and the landscapes I remember.


What do you do when you get artist's block.
That has not happened yet, I enjoy it very much and I never have trouble getting started on a painting or finishing one.
 



Who is your favorite artist?
Pat Matthews, out of Little Rock, Arkansas.



Favorite Painting
Pat Matthews Cabins


Favorite Sculpture 
Michelangelo's David


Oh, I saw Michelangelo's David in Florence in 2006 and it is fantastic!  Good choice! Best Book you ever read.
My Personal Best by John Wooden



Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My wife Debbie who I met in high school and have been married to for 36 years.  She and I have grown together and watching her as a mother has taught me more than I ever could have imagined.




If you could site down and have a conversation with ONE person living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
My father who passed away 23 years ago.  I would love to have a nice talk with him again and let him see how great his grandkids have grown up to be.



Do you have any links for us to follow you?
Web site:   www.timkenneyfineart.com
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Kenney-Art/143209152460708

50Paintings in 50 States in 50 Days
www.TimKenneyFineArt.com   Web Site
http://blog.timkenneyfineart.com/    50 Paintings in 50 States in 50 Days
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Kenney-Art/143209152460708?ref=hl    Facebook 







1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tim, for taking time out of your whirlwind schedule to be with us this morning. Your lofty artistic and humanitarian goal of 50 paintings in 50 states in 50 days will soon be completed and we are all proud of you. We here at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your artistic endeavors.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete