Monday, January 12, 2015

Interview with Author Edward Henheffer




Edward Henheffer
Saskatchewan, Canada

Good morning, Edward, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  What have you written?
So far, just the one book Computers R4U2 Book 1, but there are two more planned. Book 2 & 3, but just recently it has become apparent that each book is going to have to have two versions. One version for each of the two most widely used Windows Operating Systems. I am about to become a very busy boy!


What is your favorite genre to write?
The only genre I write is real time self help. The books are more like user manuals!


Favorite food.
I would have to say Thai food. I lived a long time in Thailand and must say, in general, Thai food is great as long as the spiciness doesn't get carried away.



Tea or coffee?
That would be coffee


Pizza or ice cream?
Ice cream


Where would you like to visit?
Places I have yet to visit such as Russia, Sweden, and of course Antarctica which is the only continent I have not been on. 


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
To me music is just there in the background. I have a few tunes I really like, all in the soft rock genre.


What makes you laugh?
Good, slightly off color jokes such as "little Johnny" and "blonde" jokes. I love telling jokes that make people laugh heartily which makes me also laugh. I also get great enjoyment from Jeff Dunham and his sidekick Walter.


How old were you when you started writing?
I am not really a writer of novels. I do technical writing which I started doing early in my career as a Telecommunications Technologist.


Describe your perfect evening.
A good party surrounded by friends and family.


Where do you get your inspiration?
For the current series of books my inspiration came from my job as a computer repair tech. I could see how the layman computer user really suffered from lack of computer literacy so I decided to write the books with the hope of helping. But, I am finding you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.


What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I do not really suffer from this. I have a lot of material to write about but at times get hung-up on how to best lay it out so it makes sense to the reader. So I just walk away from it a bit, take my notes to work and explore procedural alternatives. It comes to me when I do this.


Who is your favorite author?
Without a doubt, James Clavell. Long gone, but in my mind he was the best.


I liked James Clavell, too.  Best book you ever read.
This cannot be just one book, but I loved Nobel House and then went looking for Tai-Pan and Shogun.


I agree with you there, too.  Great writing.  What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
Well, my writing does not make a living and probably never will, so I guess I better stick with the technical world of computers and communications. But I won't stop writing, at least not until I am done the series I have planned.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My boss's boss. Don't ask me his name, it was 45 years ago. I was working at an Engineering firm. This man knew I had international work aspirations. He gave me an copy of a job ad in the paper and felt I should look into it. Four months later I was on a plane heading to Saudi Arabia and never looked back.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
The man mentioned above, I have thought of him often and never got the chance to thank him.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?

Get a real job! No, but seriously being a successful writer is right up there with being a successful actor, odds are seriously against it. But, don't quit, give it all you got! At least in this modern hi-tech world you can self-publish and get it out there in e-form.



Links:
http://www.amazon.com/Edward-Henheffer/e/B00NE9JB54 

https://www.facebook.com/computersr4u2?ref=bookmarks 

http://computersr4u2.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment