Monday, March 2, 2015

Free Today! Hook by KR Thompson


Hook
by KR Thompson


Author KR Thompson is running a free promotion on her great new book, Hook.  I got my copy.  Go get yours.
Buy link:

Blurb:
Archie Jameson sat in the dark corners of the print shop, dreaming of adventure.
Today, it found him.

Caught in a chilly October storm, he ducked into a tavern, hoping to escape the rain. What he found, was a room teeming with pirates. Shanghaied by the most elderly of the lot, Archie found himself serving on a ship captained by the fiercest pirate ever to sail the seven seas--the man known as Blackbeard.

Through a series of thrilling twists, Archie finds himself captain of another of Blackbeard's ships, the Jolig Roger. In an attempt to flee danger, his ship becomes lost under stars never before seen.

Determined to save both his crew and the woman he loves, Archie will make decisions that will forever seal his fate. For in Neverland, not all is as it seems.

Discover the untold story of the man who became Captain Hook.




Excerpt:




Smee scowled. "I wish ye would keep yer cursed pixie from meddlin' about in me quarters and thievin' all me things. Me needles are missing now, before that 'twas the buttons on me breeches. How am I supposed to sew up any blasted wounds on this ship with me needles gone, I ask ye? And with me pants around me ankles to boot. Best ye tell her to bring 'em all back 'fore I catch her and treat her as the thief she is!" He made a fist and smacked it soundly on the table in front of Archie as if in a vain effort to squash the source of his agitation, but he only managed to cause Archie's tankard to flip off to the floor. As luck would have it, the cup was empty or Archie's temper would easily have matched Smee's.

     The old man has surely gone mad, Archie reasoned to himself, wondering if perhaps the pirate hadn't been sampling some of his own concoctions before administering them to the crew in his position as doctor of the ship. "I haven't a single earthly idea of what or to whom you are referring," Archie said calmly, looking up into the eyes that looked ready to cut down anyone deemed guilty. "Would you care to at least give me a hint?"

"The pixie that has followed ye about since the first I saw ye, though if I knew she'd be after ye the whole time I'd never have brought ye aboard to begin with," Smee's voice raised an octave, his face turning red. "Pixies are naught but trouble!"

No comments:

Post a Comment