Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The 24th Annual Lake Metroparks Farmpark Quilt Show 2015

Dear Gentle Readers,




I had the distinct pleasure of attending the 24th Annual Metroparks Quilt Show held at Lake Farmpark, 8800 Euclid Chardon. Rd., Kirtland, OH 44094.  This year I went as just a quilt lover. None of my pieces were in the show and I wasn't  judging or covering it for any media.   


My husband and I had a beautiful sunny day to drive up to Kirtland to view these beauties with no pressure or anxiety.  And, oh, it was wonderful. 


And, no, William was't the only man there! There were three other men who are hot contenders for the Husband of the Year Award.






The quilt show ran through March 25. Special guest textile artist RaNae Merrill of New York, NY had some of her beautiful work on display.


I don't have the name of these stunning quilt or it's creators.  That's what happens when you go to a quilt show for pure enjoyment.  No organization. This gorgeous star quilt done is Santa Fe colors was very popular the day we went.





This breathtaking beauty was made by Pat
Williams from Canfield. OH.  It's entitled
Imagine. And once again, my photo doesn't
do it justice. It was truly a spectacular work of
art.


Next year's event, the 25th annual quilt show,
will run from February 12 to March 23, 2016.

Group rates are available for pre-registered groups of ten or more.  There is a little
cafeteria on premises.  School groups are welcome to schedules tours of the event as well as the Farmpark facilities and grounds.




No comments:

Post a Comment