Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth of July!



Amid the turmoil of modern life and the sensationalism in the news, both live and in print, let us not forget how lucky we Americans are to live in a country where we are free. The prevalence of complaining and whining about how bad things are and how stupid and crooked everybody else is seems to get so much more coverage these days than dwelling, even momentarily, on the wisdom of our forefathers and all the good things about our country. 

This freedom we enjoy today was paid for by our fathers, brothers, grandfathers, uncles, and cousins, some with their time, skill, and energy, some with their blood and sweat, and some with their very lives. 

So as you celebrate the Fourth with fireworks, picnic food, and red, white, and blue jello shots, I wish you a happy and safe holiday. I wish you continued freedom of choice and freedom from tyranny and oppression. I wish you continued success in all your endeavors. And if you're not feeling all that successful, I hope you fall into a giant pile of good luck and get up feeling lucky and grateful to be alive.

Life is short, my darlings, and so am I.

Hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment